Electronic Fund Transfers : Where to File Complaints in USA

Where to File Complaints

If you think a financial institution or company has failed to fulfill its responsibilities to you under the EFT Act, speak up. In addition, you may wish to complain to the federal agency listed below that has enforcement jurisdiction over that company.

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency:
Regulates banks with “national” in the name or “N.A.” after the name:
Office of the Ombudsman
Customer Assistance Group
1301 McKinney Street, Suite 3450
Houston, TX 77010
800-613-6743 toll-free

Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System:
Regulates state-chartered banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System, bank holding companies, and branches of foreign banks:
Federal Reserve Consumer Help
PO Box 1200
Minneapolis, MN 55480
888-851-1920 (TTY: 877-766-8533) toll-free

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation:
Regulates state-chartered banks that are not members of the Federal Reserve System:
Division of Supervision and Consumer Protection
550 17th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20429
877-ASK-FDIC (275-3342) toll-free

National Credit Union Administration:
Regulates federally chartered credit unions:
Office of Public and Congressional Affairs
1775 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-3428

Office of Thrift Supervision:
Regulates federal savings and loan associations and federal savings banks:
Consumer Programs
1700 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20552
800-842-6929 toll-free

Federal Trade Commission:
Regulates non-bank lenders:
Consumer Response Center
600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20580
877-FTC-HELP (382-4357) toll-free